Confession #1: I love nuts. Almost every nut, I like to eat. Almonds? Delish. Cashews? Love. Pecans? Toast ’em and I’m there. Now, I’m a little picky about the way my nuts have to be (dry roasted or raw only please! No oils or any of that “fancy” added stuff needed), but if it’s right, I could eat certain nuts all day.
Confession #2: I love dried fruit. I’m a huge fan of dried cranberries, raisins, and banana chips, as long as you ditch the added sugar.
Confession #3: I have a special concauxion of both my loves: nuts and dried fruit, in the form of a super yummy, + super healthy trail mix.
This trail mix is so quick, easy, and delicious! No more reasons to just grab a candy bar or bag of chips, when you can just grab a handful this…real, energizing food for the win!
Today, I’m going to share my special recipe with you.
Energizing Dried Fruit and Nut Trail Mix:
- 1 1/2 cups organic sweetened banana chips
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 cup diced dried pineapple
- 1 cup dried organic cranberries
- 1 cup organic dry roasted peanuts
- 1 1/4 cup organic dry roasted almonds
- 1 1/4 cup organic dry roasted cashews
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a container for storing.
*Note: I prefer to get my ingredients from the organic bulk selection at my local grocery store, but it’s up to you where you get yours. You can also customize this recipe to your preference of the “style” of nut. Do you like dry roasted nuts like me? Raw? Toasted? Roasted? You can choose!